Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Wednesday to forget...

If you're anything like me, you probably turned on TSN this afternoon, or logged onto your favourite hockey websites, or turned on your local sports station, anxious to find out who the Canadiens had added for their coming playoff run. The answer: no one. And after tonight's game in Buffalo, maybe there won't be a playoff run.

This team looked bad. 1999 Canadiens bad. And Scott Lachance was nowhere in sight. Really, what happened? I know Carey Price was in net, but they were soft, and asleep after the first ten minutes. It's sad that Carey Price starts are now predictable losses. He was an all-star six weeks ago.

I must say, if I was on a team that didn't make a move at the deadline, perhaps I'd see it almost as a vote of non-confidence. And maybe that would affect my confidence.

But Gainey got Schneider. And Metropolit. That was good enough. Wasn't it?

As a sidenote, I really, really wish the Habs had grabbed Gary Roberts off of waivers. He's the jam that this sandwich needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment